- 2 ¼ cup cooked brown rice
- ⅓ cup ground macadamia nuts
- 20 oz. chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (can substitute smoked gouda)
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients well and put into buttered 8” x 8” square pan or loaf pan.
Bake at 350* F for 35-40 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
You could also make it into 6-8 patties and sauté until brown.
Notes and Additions
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley can be added to the mixture.
For those who like it spicy, crushed red pepper can be added to taste.