Coffee Rub & Steak
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Ahualoa Dark Roast Coffee
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 oz Beef Tenderloin Steak
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 each sweet red cherry peppers
- 1 each yellow pepper
- 1 large roma tomato
- 3 each cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ cup macadamia nut oil
- In a 350 degree oven roast mac nuts for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- On a separate pan roast place the peppers, garlic, and tomato. Drizzle with macadamia oil and roast for 30 minutes until the skin of peppers and tomatoes are turning brown.
- Remove from the oven and remove the skin and seeds from the peppers and tomato.
- Place peppers and tomato in food processor with garlic, macadamia nuts, vinegar, paprika, salt. While processor is running, drizzle in remaining macadamia nut oil.
For the Steak
- Mix rub ingredients together. Rub onto tenderloin steak until it is completely encrusted. Heat 2 Tbsp of macadamia nut oil in a saute pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, sear the steak for 30 seconds. Rotate and repeat on all sides of the steak.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing thin on a bias. Serve plated over Macadamia Romesco.